I pray for so many things. I do it often and when no one would even think I’m praying. I, of course, get on my knees and bow to God, but I also drive, walk, sit, cook, hug, smile, dance (only my kids see that!), paint, draw, sing, read, type, etc. AND PRAY. At times, I feel as if I’m bombarding God with so many requests. I pray for…
- My children’s protection and that they grow up to find THE ONE God has for them as well as to be responsible individuals. (that seems like a big one, but soooo important to me and I know to God!)
- My family’s protection. Our well-being and happiness, of course.
- My friends. More specifically, those who have lost their spouses, here recently. Oh, how my heart hurts for them. God knows. He will bless them. I know it. I’m THAT confident in His power.
- Our church. The expansion and extension of God’s hand in our community. Those who are leaders in our church–that they lead with the entire congregation in mind and they always consult God and only say what HE wants them to say. (that includes me as a youth teacher)
- Our bosses and other leaders in our life. I pray they will be able to take on all of the things that come their way and that they lead with God first.
- My students, my classroom, my school, education in general. I pray God is not pushed out of our school as He is in so many places. Jesus should have a place in all aspects of our lives ESPECIALLY schools. Our kids need Him. I plead for this!
…and truly, the list goes on and on… I feel as if I am just babbling to God some days. I don’t mean in a way where I’m not sincere in my petitions. I mean, I just think I’m asking for so much that I’m like that kid at Christmas who circles all the toys in the Sears catalog! I want it all! I want all the blessings! I want those around me to feel His presence and his provision! I feel so greedy at times.
Then I remember:
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.…
My mind is seriously blown by so many verses in the Bible. They are there, though, to do exactly that! God is unbelievable! We can’t wrap our minds around His enormous power and constant ability to bless us with all we need and so many times what we want. He is just waiting for us to ask for it! I love that! I love God! I love the fact that He never changes, He loves us and He will always be there no matter what we have done, what we are doing now or what is to come!